Spinach and Lamb Farfalle | Spinach and Lamb Farfalle Recipes | Spinach and Lamb Farfalle Recipe
Spinach and Lamb Farfalle recipes have been collected over the years. At Annies Recipes you can easily navigate through thousands of other tried and true, easy and quick to prepare recipes.
Spinach and Lamb Farfalle
1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 pound ground lamb
black pepper , freshly ground
1 small onion, finely chopped
8 ounces spinach farfalle
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (13.5 oz.) Del Monte® Chopped Spinach, well drained
1 Juice of lemon
4 ounces reduced-fat goat cheese, crumbled, plus more for garnish
1 bunch fresh mint, stems removed and leaves finely chopped, plus more for garnish
12 pitted prunes, finely chopped
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 tablespoon honey
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until brown and crumbled, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes longer, stirring often.
3. Add the pasta to the boiling water with some salt and cook al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving a little pasta water.
4. In the skillet, add the garlic, spinach, and lemon juice to the sauce and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the cheese has melted, about 3 minutes. Toss with the drained pasta.
5. If the mixture looks dry, add a few tablespoons of the reserved pasta water. Garnish with more of the mint and the crumbled goat cheese, and drizzle with olive oil.
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman and Del Monte’s “Value without Sacrifice” campaign